Dr. Fletcher’s Clinical Practice
With a strategy that focuses on relationship building and a commitment, Dr. Susan Fletcher has built a successful private practice based on “word of mouth” referrals by individuals and professionals. She provides a no-pressure atmosphere that efficiently empowers people to change their own lives. As a working mother, Dr. Fletcher understands that your time is valuable. Because problems may need more attention than just once a week therapy, Dr. Fletcher also offers 2 hour and intensive therapy to help people get relief from symptoms so they can truly begin to get ahead of their difficulties. Many patients agree that having access to their psychologist in bulks of time allows them the opportunity to build momentum so they can move forward faster in the therapy process.
Goal-oriented Expert Counseling
Dr. Fletcher provides confidential, goal-oriented expert counseling services to adults, couples, families, children, and adolescents. She counsels people coping with symptoms of depression, anxiety, stress or those wanting to feel better about themselves or their relationships. She also provides psychological assessments for clients who want more out of counseling.
Therapy has been successful when Dr. Fletcher works herself out of a job. She works hard to make sure you do not become dependent on the therapy process. Couples may “save their fights” for their next therapy appointment but soon discover that the work they do with Dr. Fletcher will help them manage issues on their own in a more productive way outside of the therapy environment. Dr. Fletcher wants you to leave her office feeling like it was worth your time and money. You won’t always “feel” better. Instead you will have a better understanding of what you can do for the problem to improve. Dr. Fletcher teaches patients that they are the driver of their lives – they must take charge to see change.
Dr. Fletcher has the expert training needed to provide accurate diagnosis and treatment of a variety of emotional and behavioral difficulties for children and adults. Most of the time treatment is provided using cognitive-behavioral approaches that are solution-oriented and short-term. Referrals for medications and additional services not provided by Dr. Fletcher are offered when necessary.
In addition to Individual, Marriage, and Family Counseling, Dr. Fletcher also provides Reunification Therapy for families struggling with estrangement due to a high-conflict divorce. In order to provide Reunification Therapy, Dr. Fletcher requires a court order prior to the beginning of services.
Suggestions for what needs to be included in the court order can be provided to an attorney by request.
Dr. Fletcher’s Clinical Services Include Diagnosis & Treatment For:
- Adjustment Difficulties (Divorce, Grieving, Job Changes, etc)
- Marital Conflict
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Conduct Disorders
- Stress Related Difficulties
- Family & Parenting Related Difficulties
- Stage of Life Issues
- Social & Relationship Difficulties
- Substance Related issues
Dr. Fletcher’s Credentials Include:
- Licensed Psychologist
- National Professional Speaker
- Masters & Ph.D. in Psychology
- Quoted Expert in National Publications and in Local Media
- Former Litigation Specialist for Dr. Phil McGraw’s Courtroom Sciences, Inc.
- Consultant & Expert Witness in the Courtroom
- Consultant for Area School Districts
- Trained in Psychopharmacology
- Registered Health Service Provider
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP)
- University Instructor for Graduate & Undergraduate Courses
- Leadership Plano Alumnus
- Past Board President Plano Youth Leadership
- Community Leader & Volunteer
- Outward Bound Colorado Alumnus
For questions about scheduling an appointment for private, confidential therapy, contact our office at (972) 612-1188 or email us at info@FletcherPhD.com.